The fonts on these pages are the property of and copyrighted
by Curtis Clark, and are subject to this liberal, fairly
explicit, and somewhat lengthy license agreement, which you
accept by using the files.
Like most software, these font files remain the property of the author (Curtis Clark). You are licensed to use them according to the terms of this agreement, but you do not own them.
Although I have taken care to see that they work, the fonts are
not warranted to work on your system (or even on mine). You use
them at your own risk.
The fonts are free for personal use:
- You may use them on any machine that you own or control.
- You may alter or modify them, or translate them into any other format (please note that
you may not distribute a modified or translated font--see below).
- You may use the font for writing or symbols, on paper, in another computer application (e.g. a drawing program), or in any other medium, as long as the writing or symbols are neither sold nor published.
The fonts may be used to produce published printed material
(whether it is sold or not), or printed material that is sold
or done for hire (even if it is not published) if either one
of the following conditions is met:
The fonts may be used to produce images for World Wide Web pages:
- Payment of a US$10 shareware fee that entitles you to use the
font in perpetuity, but only on one computer at a time (or a single US$35 fee
for all the fonts covered by this license), or
- Sending to me one copy of each published, sold, or contracted
work in which a font is used. (Non-profit publishers of periodicals such as
newsletters, calendars, etc., may send a single example of a work in
which a font is used; please contact me if you are not sure whether you qualify.)
The fonts may be included in commercial software after securing
my permission in advance. I will expect:
- Commercial organizations must pay the shareware fee (above).
- Individuals and non-profit organizations having pages with unrestricted access must send me the URL of every page that uses the fonts.
- Educators or students with pages available only locally on a single campus or university system must email copies of the pages and graphics.
- All other "intranet" use is deemed commercial, and the shareware fee must be paid.
I may choose to withhold permission to include the fonts in
software I deem objectionable.
- Acknowledgment of the authorship of the fonts.
- Receipt of one registerable full version of the software, to
be used or given away as I see fit.
The fonts may be distributed by individuals, bulletin board
systems, FTP sites, WWW sites, etc., without restriction as long
The fonts may be distributed as part of "shareware libraries",
- No fee is charged for the fonts (this does not include
subscription or access fees for a bulletin board or online
- All files are included.
- None are modified.
If you want to distribute a translated version (e.g., Type 1,
Macintosh Truetype) of one of my fonts, please contact me.
- All files are included
- None is modified
- I receive a copy of every different disk or CD containing my
fonts, to use or give away as I see fit.
For any uses not covered explicitly by this agreement, please
I am always grateful for acknowledgment of my fonts, especially
if you send samples showing how you have used them.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona CA 91768
This license agreement is placed in the public domain. If you
like it, snarf it.
Here is the philosophy behind this license agreement.
Last revision January 1, 1996